Thank you Kathryn and readers, for these wonderful new additions to my lexicon. You’ve all heard that quote that says “profanity is a sign of a vacant mind,” and now, here are some alternatives that will surely prove your mind is anything but vacant. I like these, because they aren’t dumbed down versions of other curses, except for Derek’s #9, and which of you know the word that one resembles, let alone it’s meaning?
Please feel free to add to my list at will.
1. Marshmallow Peeps!
2. Precious Moments!
3. Fluffy puppies in a child’s luvin’ arms!
4. Creme-filled Twinkies!
5. Sugar Beets!
6. Son of a motherless Goat!
7. Corn dogs and Tater-tots!
8. from my own Calvin, “Mom, she drives me nuts, bananas, and ICE CREAM!”
9. Derek’s favorite Russian word, that sounds much like a real Russian swear, is “Blin!” It sounds like, “bleen!” and means, “pancake.”
10. And my personal favorite, to be used only in moments of extreme frustration, “Brigafriga!”